Friday, October 1, 2010

Child Style Magazine Interview with Aaron Christensen


Child Style Magazine is a children's Market Resource Publication, that features the best products in the children's, industry as well as one on one interviews with some of the best designers and business owners in our industry. Child Style is popular with retail buyers, store owners, consumers, stylists, producers, manufacturers, tradeshows, and designers. Gemma Booker, the editor of Child Style posed a few questions to me about my business, my art and the future for the October issue.

My story as an artist and art licensor is directly related to the children's decor, furnishings and products market. The very first licensing program I launched was with a children's wall art company. I had been a designer focusing on children's spaces for 12 years prior to licensing, so I had familiarity with the products and the recognized names and brands. Now, only a year or so into actively pursuing new licensing gigs, I'm delighted to say I have products and programs launching with several of those brands and the list is growing. Being included in Child Style's list of the industry's best, is flattering. It's an exciting industry to be involved with. When your job is to make children smile and parents happy by creating products to enhance their lives, how could you not be happy yourself. Thanks Gemma and Child Style Magazine for the opportunity to share!




No comments:

Post a Comment